Temple Beth Israel’s Brotherhood pitches in all throughout the year. The men of TBI help usher our High Holy Day services then build our spectacular Sukkah that holds over 100 people for a week of Sukkot activities.
The Brotherhood serves up deli food for several fundraisers throughout the year and provides our Mother’s Day brunch. Their fundraising efforts support TBI programs and help support kids attending Jewish summer camp. Come connect with the men of Temple Beth Israel! Contact Gary Greenberg or 559-269-1340 for more information on TBI’s Brotherhood and how you can be involved.
Temple Beth Israel Sisterhood is a group of Jewish women of different backgrounds and ages who gather to observe and promote Jewish values and traditions while enjoying warmth and friendship in the process. Sisterhood, has been a part of TBI since 1949. We are proud of our contributions to the community and look forward to the energy and dynamism our new members bring.
Please return your Sisterhood membership dues asap!
Join us for Religious School Opening Day Brunch!
Members of the TBI Sisterhood Council
The following are just some of the things we do for our Temple family:
For Our Youth
- Provide Camperships for our Temple youth
- Present personalized engraved Kiddush cups to each Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Support TBI Religious School and Camp Shalom
- Serve as positive role models for our young women
For Our Temple
- Provide food items and volunteers for the Rosh Hashana Oneg
- Offer High Holy Days Children’s Program
- Coordinate the Chanukah Bazaar Gift Fair & Jewish Cuisine
- Cook latkes for the annual Chanukah Potluck
- Organize the Purim Deli Lunch and Hamantaschen sale
- Bake hamantaschen for the Purim Oneg
- Manage the Passover Congregational Seder
- Present the Sisterhood Shabbat and Oneg
For Reform Judaism (As members of Women of Reform Judaism)
- Provide funds for the training of rabbis, cantors and Jewish educators through the Y.E.S. Fund and support the causes of Women of Reform Judaism.
Activities TBI Sisterhood Sponsors
- Nosh on first day of Religious School
- Social Action fundraising for Ronald McDonald House and The Sanctuary
- Mahjong Sundays
- Nosh & Schmooze Happy Hour
- Mid-Winter Warm Up
- Rosh Codesh with Rabbi Laura Novak-Winer
- Judaica Gift Shop in the lobby
Your membership supports our temple, our youth and the Jewish Community. Even if your schedule does not permit active participation, your membership DOES make a difference. By joining TBI Sisterhood, you can make new friends, participate in social and educational programs and provide service to our congregation.
We welcome all levels of involvement. For more information or to contact TBI Sisterhood: